Waltham Logistics (referred to in this policy as “we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your personal information.
What this Policy covers
For the purpose of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Waltham Logisitics of Cheapside, Grimsby, DN37 0HZ. Any individual wishing to contact us can do so by writing to the address above or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy only applies to our website. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in the ‘Contact Us’ form, such as name and email address, on our site www.walthamlogistics.co.uk (our site).
- If you contact us by email or by post, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you use our customer portals we will keep your login details and username.
Why we use personal data
We use your personal data:
- To make our services available to you.
- So we can manage your enquiries and communicate with you.
- To enable us to manage and improve our website.
- To enable us to manage your stock inventory.
The legal basis for processing your data
Our legal basis for processing your data is for legitimate interests to service and understand your needs and to manage your online portals.
Sharing personal data
We undertake to safeguard your personal data and will only disclose information about you:
- If we have to comply with any legal obligation.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration.This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
How we protect your data
We are committed to safeguarding and managing your data by:
- Using computer safeguards such as firewall.
- We only authorise access to your data to employees who require the data to carry out their work responsibilities.
Your personal data will not be transferred or stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long do we keep your personal data
We will never keep your data longer than we are required to and this depends on:
- Why we collected it initially.
- Whether there is a legal reason for keeping it.
- How old it is.
You have the right to see what personal data we hold. You can do this by writing to; Waltham Logistics, Cheapside, Waltham, N E Lincolnshire, DN37 0HZ or by emailing us at email@example.com. Waltham Logistics will respond to data access requests within one month of receipt of request. If necessary we may have to extend this period by a further two months. If Waltham Logistics holds any personally identifiable data on you, the company will provide a copy of the information telling you why it is being held and to whom it is disclosed to.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at the addresses above.
You also have the right to have any inaccurate data corrected.
Under some circumstances you can object and restrict our use of your personal data.
For a comprehensive understanding of your rights we advise you to visit the ICO’s website, https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
We are committed to ensuring your data is safe and secure and if you have any issues with how we process or use your data please contact us at the address above. You also have the right to complain to the UK data protection regulator (ICO). Their website gives clear instructions on how you can do this and is found at, https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.